Friday, September 29, 2006

SWEET TOOTH

It's Friday. I'm having a hard time trying to stay awake in front of my pc, think my sugar level is low since I can feel myself swaying though I'm actually idle and my pea size brain is just.....slow, SO very slow today.

I crave for this particular dessert, "puteri mandi". Hhmm.....the domestic goddess is heading to the next door hypermarket after work. Have not done this dessert for quite a while but, Insyaallah, I'll manage. Ooohh...it would taste better if we use "kelapa muda". Just imagine...fresh shredded coconut flesh (note: desiccated coconut is a DEFINITE no-go! Tak best. It tastes dry and coarse with no body) cooked with gula melaka and a bit of sugar. And you match it with gooey, pandan flavoured glutinous balls. For those of you who don't know, the glutinous balls are first cooked in boiling water. When cooked, sieve the balls and mix them with the heavily sugared coconut. Sinful, I know. Not to be consumed if you're watching your calories and carb intake or have diabetes.

Ya Allah, why is my Iman so paper-thin today? And I can hear my tummy grumble!! Sabar Ms O, sabar...

I need to find some other distractions. Browse through cooking websites, no?

Another one on my menu - Moist Almond Orange cake

Enough, enough...that's it.